Article XII - Executive Director
- An Executive Director may be retained by the Board of Directors as either an employee or
agent of the Association and shall perform such duties as are ordinarily performed by such
Executive as well as any other duties as shall be assigned to the Executive Director by
the President and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall have a direct
voice in the deliberations of the Board of Directors and the right to recommend, but not
the right to vote. The Executive Director shall be responsible to the President and
the Board of Directors for the day-to-day management of the Association in accordance with
policy defined by these Bylaws and by the Board, and shall:
- Pursuant to the direction of the Board of Directors, employ and supervise members of the
- Give notice of and attend all meetings of the Association and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain such records and correspondence as instructed by the Secretary and supervise
the handling of all applications for membership in the Association.
- Be in charge of the mailing lists of the Association and shall use, or allow them to be
used, only for such purposes as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors in furtherance
of the purposes of the Association.
- Arrange for all regular and special meetings of the Association and all Trade Shows and
other Association functions as instructed by the Board of Directors or appropriate
- Be an ex-officio member of each Association committee for the purpose of contributing to
planning, accomplishment and reporting to ensure that each committee receives full
cooperation and assistance from the Association staff.
- Certify to the accuracy of and authorization for all bills and vouchers upon which money
is paid and deposit receipts as instructed by the TOA Treasurer.